Jobs at UK
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (OPERATIONS SUPPORT)
Required qualifications, skills, experience
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Office software package.
- High standard of inter-personal and communication skills, especially in the context of client care.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, under supervision and as part of a professional team.
- Preferably previous experience as a legal administrator or in an alternative professional office.
- Some training in secretarial practice.
- Book keeping knowledge and experience of maintenance of accounts useful.
- Punjabi language skills an advantage.
- Process all incoming telephone calls promptly, efficiently and helpfully.
- Receive and process all visitors to the firm in a helpful, friendly and professional manner.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch and take post to the Post Office.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date Calendar / Diary for the Firm.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, archiving, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Project positive image and ethos of Firm at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of the Firm’s and its clients’ documentation and information at all times.
- Provide direct support to legal staff.
- Provide support to other support administrative staff.
- To act as relief administrator at any other offices.
- Administration of fax, copier, printer, scanner and franking machines.
- Undertake clerical, administrative and filing tasks as and when required.
- Assist in maintaining accounts ledgers and books.
- Keep Reception Area clean and tidy at all times.
- Provide refreshments to visitors and staff when required.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Punctuality, attention to detail and pride in work most important qualities.
We aim to pay competitive salaries for all posts. In return, we expect dedication, hard work and a total commitment to providing the highest quality of service to clients.