EEA Family

We are a team of highly qualified, very experienced, specialist solicitors who are market-leaders in all areas of UK immigration law. We represent people across the UK and around the world, and our expert team of solicitors have a lot of experience helping people applying from the European Economic Area (EEA).

Why is it difficult to get an EEA visa?

Getting any kind of UK visa is a complex task and the UK place very strict guidelines on visa applications. The UKVI (Home Office) will never take the time to get to know you and your individual circumstances like we will: they will just look for the slightest mistake on a visa application which will almost certainly lead to it being refused.
UK Immigration Solicitors have a clear goal: to achieve a successful visa application on the first attempt.  We are market-leaders in this industry because everyone who comes to us is provided with a bespoke service, tailored to their individual needs. 
You can be absolutely confident when dealing with us that we have you and your family’s best interests in mind, and that everyone receives the same service no matter where they are in the world.

The eligibility requirements are different depending on how you apply. Read the EEA family permit entry clearance guidance for more detailed information.

The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

  • be in the UK already;
  • be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application.

If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:

  • be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient);
  • have a permanent right of residence.

You must be the EEA citizen’s spouse or civil partner, or related to them (or their spouse or civil partner) as their:

  • child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependent child or grandchild of any age;
  • dependent parent or grandparent.

Family members who are adopted under an adoption order that is recognised in UK law are regarded the same as natural family. Read the guidance on adoption and settlement.

You can apply as an ‘extended’ family member’, eg brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece.
You must be able to show that you’re dependent on the EEA citizen or are a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you.
You can also apply as an unmarried partner if you can show that you’re in a lasting relationship with the EEA national.

  • spouse or civil partner;
  • dependent child, or their spouse or civil partner’s dependent child.

For students, children of all ages must be dependent on the EEA citizen.
You must apply as an extended family member if you’re otherwise related to an EEA national student and want a family permit.

Please call us on 02085742488 to Discuss your matter further
Send in your enquiry now for FREE  initial assessment